.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 04, 2005

Flashmob, of a sort

So, I was listening to Rob Da Bank's show that I'd taped from the previous night on Friday lunchtime as I took a quick break from m'colleagues maternity leavo do to drop off the latest VP at Probe Records.

Glad I did, as sometimes I stretch it out over a number of days to have some gear when I'm walking place to place, as he played a tune by Thee More Shallows, which immediately had my ears pricked up. Mr DJ man then says they're playing Liverpool on Friday. That'll be tonight then, I thought.

I've been bemoaning my lack of spontaneity when it comes to gigs, and I've certainly not been to as many as I would like at the really little clubs since moving to Liverpool (certainly not as I did in Leeds, and even then it wasn't enough). Good opportunity then to get amongst it on the hop, so stayed out with the work crew until the show.

A top show it was too with the crazed dadaism of support a.P.A.t.T. also pretty wonderful. Indeed, gig moment of the year thus far for me was when their bassist, while his band mates were screaming and crashing away at their instruments, stood calmly clicking his fingers like Sammy Davis Jr. conducting a school band. Beautiful.

A review will be forthcoming on www.vanityproject.co.uk.

Also it turns out the promoter will be starting regular nights. On this form I think it could therefore become a regular VP haunt.

To think I might never have known...

Serendipity and chance are fundamental in this game, and frankly I need more of this new stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home