.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Starstruck again

Considering my recent post about the forthcoming Magic Band tour, you'll understand just how excited I am by the fact that for the past two days I have been in email conversation with John French, vocalist in said band, and drummer in various incarnations of the Captain Beefheart group.

I never imagined in my wildest that Drumbo would become a VP interviewee, but that looks almost certain now.

A moment of great pride for me as a fanzine writer, and certainly as a fan.

Should thank Dave Jones I guess, without his sampling of Beefheart's 'Sure Nuff N Yes I Do' on his band Screeper's 'Can Fever' track (which our old label Elastic Fiction featured, with great pride I might add, on our first tape release back in 1998), my exposure and ultimate fascination with Don Van Vliet's music may have taken a great deal longer.

My best mate Dekx plays with his Jones' band Autons now, and apparently a new version of 'Can Fever' is played live. Good to know quality always bubbles back to the surface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home