.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Bedding washes whiter

Picked up an email SOS yesterday.

Appears Amsterdam's Persil are in need of cheap (i.e. free) accomodation, as their support slot on the forthcoming Wedding Present tour, while a real thrill for the long-time Gedge fans, is not so rewarding in terms of the wallet.

As a result they've asked if they can stay at our gaff for their performances in Liverpool this coming Sunday and Manchester on Monday. Really like their music, but have never met them, so it could be a little odd. My shyness reflex says 'no', but my desire to help says 'yes' and with Jenny's approval, I've offered them some sofa, spare bed and floor action.

I have corresponded with them very briefly in the past to bemoan the fact that I couldn't get to their last UK tour, but their label boss, Marcel of Transformed Dreams is my usual contact for their stuff. Nonetheless, they seem perfectly pleasant peeps, so we shall see how it goes.

Mind you the email was sent Monday and I only got it last night so they might have thought me perfectly ignorant and surly and booked a B&B. We shall see.

Perhaps this will set a precedent and the VP villa will become the flophouse for all the rock n' roll waifs and strays coming to Merseyside. Perhaps Babyshambles will play a gig in our front room (actually, I'd rather they didn't).

Indeed, if I do start promoting again, we may have to get used to bodies on the living room floor in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home