.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 31, 2005

Ricky, don't lose that number (32 spot)

Congratulations to Ricky, our favourite Pompey-based purveyors of West Coast harmonies and breezy jangle, who have become the first Portsmouth band since Cranes, as far as I am aware, to break into the Top 40 charse.

Their split single with Liverpool's Amsterdam has been very well managed by new record label Beat Crazy. Noticing the reasonably large fanbases each band has, they signed up both, bunged em together on 3 formats and on tour and they now find themselves going out on Radio 1 on a Sunday afternoon. Good news indeed.

I bought the DVD and the 7". I like to think I played my part. Whether the nation thanks me is another thing entirely.

Nonetheless, considering my reputation, well-deserved, of being a mercenary blagger, Ricky, at least, should feel very honoured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home