.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 20, 2005

You mean the early 90's rustic hip-hop outfit?

It is a source of great delight to me that the US sitcom Arrested Development is returning to BBC's 2 and 4 at the end of next week. The continuity announcement at the end of the episode 13 (of 22) 'Beef Consomme' shown on BBC4 before Christmas suggested that the series for UK viewers would end there, possibly down to poor viewing figures, I thought, as I didn't know anyone who has seen it. But then I don't really know anyone.

Thankfully though we start from where we left off next week. Frankly, I just love it, the humour is as subtle and sharp as The Larry Sanders Show, but without the causticism, instead espousing the quirkiness and cuddliness of Seinfeld.

Plus it has the magnificent Jeffrey Tambor in it! My only complaint would be that he is not in it nearly enough.

I am also delighted that a UK DVD release for the first season of AD is planned for the end of February. Seems everything is getting a DVD release these days. I notice Curb Your Enthusiasm is garnering good sales despite not appearing, to my knowledge, on terrestrial TV. So why then can't we have the Larry Sanders Show treated in the same manner? 6 'best of' episodes is not enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home