.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Blogging out the block

Am hoping this NME attention spurs me into action as writer's block has kicked in it would seem. Usually a record as innovative and exciting as Fiery Furnaces' 'EP' collection causes me no problems, even inspires me into action, and keeps the writing fresh (or so I'd hope). I'll admit to be struggling to put into words exactly what I think of it.

Had it rendered me speechless? I'm not sure it's that good.

The Scaramanga Six LP, which I've had since last summer but have been embargoed from reviewing (to tie in with their Spring 2005 release), also finally needs doing and then there's the Magoo EP amongst others. All great stuff, am sure I'll do them justice in the end. I think sometimes I make it feel like much more of a chore when I put pressure on to get things reviewed before a huge pile builds up. Means perhaps the records aren't getting exactly the attention they deserve, although I do ideally listen to everything twice if not three times.

Ah well, Lovely Jenny's out tomorrow night so gives a good opportunity to occupy the front room, just me and the choons. These things have always come in patches - getting used to being in work again too after a year as a layabout student. It'll settle - it always does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home