.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Kimya, cut short

As much as I applaud small promoters shoe-horning their bills with a mixture of touring acts and local talents (and usually this is essential to get enough paying bodies in to be able to sufficiantly reward your visiting acts), it is immensely frustrating, for your solo punter with no wheels, when this leads to over-running.

While I can cope with it on the weekends, as the Liverpool night bus service sorts me out pretty well, during the week it's a different story and, frankly, I do like to get to bed at a reasonable hour on a school night.

As such last night I sat through Voo and Cara, who were fine, and the wonderful Schwervon, but had to leave 1 and a half songs into Kimya Dawson's set, which was shaping up pretty nicely based on those tunes. Holy arsing changeover delays, Batman.

She does tour a lot though, so hopefully will return fairly soon. If so I shall certainly be there.

God though, when did I become such a bloody moaner. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home