.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Worthy of laudation

Must sort out digital radio in my house!

Mind you I'd have been out for the Cardiacs session on Marc Riley's Saturday afternoon 6Music show Rocket Science, so thank god for the Beeb's 'Listen Again' facility on that there internet. Also thank god for the decent (not mini inner ear jobs) headphones lying around here at work.

It was during the classic late-night Radcliffe & Lard era of the mid-90's that I first came across Cardiacs, again in session. 1995. So here we are 10 years later, and since that time they have never been shifted from the position of 'my favourite band'. Considering the transcience of my tastes, this is quite something, but they are a special band, with a instricate history and even more intricate tunes.

Sometimes I over analyse and wonder why they mean so much to me and fill me with a thrill like no other band, but going to see them live each November reminds me. Last winter I also travelled to Manchester and Sheffield to see them do half an hour supporting the Wildhearts. No other band makes me do that. Fork out for B&B's, hostels, the lot.

The regular November Astoria show (click here and here for reviews of previous events) is coming up and I'm already excited.

I'm still as I type only half way through the session and I'm starting to brim over into giddiness.

Not sure what my colleagues here in the library think of my head-shaking/stupid grin combo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home