.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Bands say the darndest things

Summer last year, after one of only about 3 harsh reviews Vanity Project has dolled out in it's time (and several hundred total reviews - it takes a lot to really rile us), I got the following message from the band concerned...

"Thanks for the really shite ?????????? writeup - can`t understand the vehemence (it wasn`t a review - it was a tirade), but in all probability you`re yet another miserable failiure of a musician turned wannabe hack. However irrelevant your burblings - I took`em personally, and my razor`s singin` your name into my ear daily. We`ll meet soon. I`ll rewire your little head."

I had already decided to pull the review anyhow as it didn't fit in with VP's 'supportive' policy, but the email did make me flirt with republishing it with a debut right to reply feature. The wannabe hack thing is fairly old, if probably accurate, but it's the threat of a slashing that really makes it stand out from the crowd.

It appears they have forgiven me though as today they sent me another mail out

"Hola Chacho`s Y Chiquita`s - I got`s another ??????????? cd fo` review - can you please snd me a contact address!"

My waste bin's been singing a particular tune recently, I think I've just worked out the lyrics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home